It occurred to me today that it is October. While this by itself is nothing all that special, I realized that November is less than a month away and a severe hit of anxiety pumled me about the head. why anxiety? Well as any self respecting, self loathing, self abusing…okay…any writer, might tell you, November is National Novel Writing Month. That’s right: NaNoWriMo!
Last year’s NaNoWriMo is what got sme started on my writing again. I flailed about inefectually for a few weeks, okay months, and never did finish my NaNoWriMo novel. I swore that next year would be different.
So far this year is not looking all that promising either. I have a bit more of a heads up this time, but I still have nothing prepared for it. No outline, no characters, nothing. I haven’t even started brainstorming an idea. I want to go from fresh and hit that 50,000 word mark by the end of November.
So, instead of focusing my energies on the project preparation I am blogging here. Are you planning on participating? Will you be my NaNoWriMo friend? What do you do for preparation? Are you ready to start writing? Have you already started (you cheater you!)?
- NaNoWriMo? What the hell, YES! (echoed5feelings.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo (sandypineapple.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2011 and changing the blog schedule (lissawrites.wordpress.com)
- National Novel Writing Month (adventurewriter.wordpress.com)
- Preparations for the NaNoWriMo challenge (frootbat31.wordpress.com)
- National Novel Writing Month is NEXT MONTH!! (veronicasrandomness.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Make A Novel, Join the NaNoWriMo 2011!! (dhitermination.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo on the brain (angeliquemichaels.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo – Join Team NanoTeamIndy! (davefarmersblog.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Motivation – Pants of Shame (epicwriter88.wordpress.com)