It has been centuries since I have used a sword, but a few experimental swings of that near perfect blade and the memories and reflexes came flooding back into my mind. “It is wonderful,” I say as I practice a few quick combinations.
“Thank you,” she says, “though I would say wonderful is an understatement if it weren’t so unbecoming.” She watches me for a moment or two longer. “I’m just glad you didn’t cut off your own foot already, but I suppose there will be time for that later. Now let’s see if we can find you some armor.”
- Day 307 – Hanging out under the tree of englightenment. (ayearoflivingwisely.wordpress.com)
- Action Sequence – Raghav (bestofwriteclub.wordpress.com)
- Put It to the Sword! (5gsandacupofjoe.wordpress.com)
- Mirrortac’s Mission – The Wizard’s Sword (an extract) (wizardsword.wordpress.com)
- Scattered Warriors Ch. VI (scatteredwarriors1.wordpress.com)