The cavern is silent. I can sense everyone in the room, but they are silent. The goblins are dead, most of them at my hand, and the elves are terrified. They invited a monster into their home and didn’t know what to do about it. I suppose their action would be more negative if I hadn’t shown myself to be on their side. I can’t blame them for fearing me.
The wizard escaped, but I suspect it was an automatic defense rather than a conscious attempt to save his own life. I can sense trace of teleportation magic emanating from where he stood just moments earlier. He broke through the barrier and set me free. The backlash would have killed a lesser man. This, Vandal, bears remembering.
- [This is My Game] Thinkin’ ‘Bout Goblins (myrpgame.com)
- Monster Monday: Thppgrg, Long-Suffering Goblin Minion of Dark Lord Torkelheim from Kobold Quarterly (koboldquarterly.com)
- Oh, I’m Going to Get Killed Any Minute Now (Part 3) from Kobold Quarterly (koboldquarterly.com)
- Satan’s bugbears (clawcarver.wordpress.com)
- 30 Minute Warm Up Sketch: “Breakfast” (castilloillustration.com)
- Satan’s Wife (horror-movie-a-day.blogspot.com)
- The Demon’s Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan (books4friends.wordpress.com)