This weekend the family and I went to Wing Haven, here in North Carolina, and I have found a new place I love and it will be a repeat visit.
The Wing Haven Gardens are a pair of Gardens just outside of uptown Charlotte, near Queen’s College. They are not botanical gardens as much as they are what I would call “real” gardens, planted and cultivated by a pair of homeownrs in their backyards. I could go into the details of who created them and why, but if you cick the link above you’ll find the official website, which gives you far more information than I could manage.
Instead of sharing all of the information, I will share some of the pictures I took during our visit.
- Norfolk Botanical Gardens (militaryzerowaste.wordpress.com)
- Botanic Garden Casa Orquidea (zancudofunactivities.wordpress.com)
- Field Trip: Botanical Gardens (ckbpassion.wordpress.com)
- Every Bird Deserves a Worm (asccharlotte.wordpress.com)
- Pine Crest + Brook Haven = Glorious Gardening (brookhavengarden.wordpress.com)
- Building Cultural Communities with power2give.org (asccharlotte.wordpress.com)