“So I am a distraction,” I say.
“You are much more than that, so stop being so sensitive,” Gloriana says. “Consider Accantha my liaison to you. She’ll be able to reach me wherever you are and I will offer what help I can.” She stops in front of her door and offers me here hand.
I bow down and kiss it. “You do me honor, Your Majesty.”
“I sense great things in you…” Her words trail off and she raises an eyebrow.
“Justin,” I say, “you may still call me Justin.”
“A rather mundane name for the Angel of Death, don’t you think?” she asks.
“Perhaps, but it is as good as any I have had while wandering the earth.” I say. “I have gone by many names throughout human history and I cannot imagine, Justin, ever invoking the terror that others have garnered.”
“I imagine not,” Gloriana says with a laugh. “Justin the Terrible invokes more laughter than terror, and I pray that it always remains so.”
- Hi my name is … (newsroomtonursery.wordpress.com)
- Naming your servers, Anchor-style (anchor.com.au)
- What’s In a Name? (dorothymuir.wordpress.com)
- My Fairy name is…. (thenomadicangel.wordpress.com)
- A Name Is Being (written for Mysti Parker’s A-Z blog challenge) (bcsirrom.wordpress.com)