Faster than light travel had proven too expensive to be practical, but Aldric’s idea could make it feasible as long as they could improve stability and marry it to the existing jump drive technology. Evan turned on the autopilot and looked at the stars outside of his window. Even the faint shimmer of the force field could not diminish the fierce brilliance of the stars as seen without the interference of the sun or an atmosphere. He longed to be there, amongst the stars, but he would settle for the moon until something better came along. For the first time in years, Evan fell asleep dreaming of a trip to a far off world, and it did not feel like an impossibility.
- Black Holes as Garbage Dumps (wiredcosmos.com)
- Changes in second draft (taholtorf.wordpress.com)
- Are Earthlings an ‘invasive species’ soon to be exterminated by a technologically advanced race of beings who protect life? (wrc559.com)
- How to Build An Incredibly Cheap Death Star (fdlaction.firedoglake.com)
- Beyond the Shadows of The Stargate… (worldcrafter.wordpress.com)