“No shit! Why do you think we’ve kept you locked away in here?” The man grabbed Evan by the collar and dragged him back to his mat on the floor. “I don’t care if you die or not, but Isis thinks you might be important, so I would appreciate it if you would just lie here and wait like a good boy.” He emphasized the last two words with another pair of kicks.
Evan sputtered and coughed as he clutched at his ribs. “Stop. I’ll stay put. I didn’t know,” he said.
“Stupid ass.” The man walked to the door and opened it wide. “Don’t expect any more food today. You’ve screwed that up for yourself.” The man left the room and slammed the door shut behind him.
- Battling the headstrong … (jo1979.wordpress.com)
- Writing with a dash of fear (writeaubreywrite.wordpress.com)
- Time Is the Enemy (faymoore.wordpress.com)
- Write! Right? Right! (greyspacethoughts.wordpress.com)
- Filter? Yeah, right. (adparrish.wordpress.com)