So this is the year when I turn forty. Being the end of the next full decade of life, this is supposed to be one of those years that I look back at how little I have accomplished and how little time I have left on this planet. I don’t feel like doing that.
I have lived a pretty good life so far, and yes, there are things I screwed up, but without those I wouldn’t have the life I have today. I have an amazing family with a beautiful wife and incredible kids. I have published one book and if the writing god’s allow, I’ll have the second book out before I hit that big four zero.
So what is the point of this blog post if I am not going to whine and complain about my age? Simple: I want stuff.
That’s right. I want things. Specifically, I want you to buy me things. I’m not silly or ridiculous in my wants, but I have them. Now is your chance to step up and help me get stuff just for surviving another year. It is important to note that the amount of stuff I receive from you directly decreases the chances of me having a midlife crisis in the coming year. Don’t do it for me…do it for the children.
- Midlife Crisis of Infinite Equanimity (michaelallanleonard.wordpress.com)
- Me, myself, and I. BIG RANT RANT RANT RANT (seetheshootingstars.wordpress.com)
- Stand By Meme (momspective.com)
- Generation X’s Midlife Crisis Bites Back (esquire.com)
- Charlie’s Thought of the Day: Midlife Crisis (litcmp.wordpress.com)
- My Birthday Post. (bravonatalis.wordpress.com)
- What it all means. (joeyloyal.wordpress.com)
- No Ma’am, Birthdays After 30 Are So Worth Celebrating (29tolife.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday To…..Who? (scottishmomus.wordpress.com)
- Birthdays: Happy Birthday To “Beloved” Author – Toni Morrison (v1019.cbslocal.com)