… But I totally fell short.
I stared at the screen and tried to think of a good title for this blog post, but everything sounded trite, contrived, or just plain ridiculous. Oh well. Not every title can be an absolute winner.
I mostly wanted to give a little update to what has been going on lately.
First, I obviously got Apocalypse in the Balance finished and I sent out copies to all of my kickstarter contributors, but I’ve fallen short on promoting the book as much as I should. I have not even gotten a sales link up on my blog, but I plan on remedying that situation this weekend. I have few plans in place that will hopefully help get the word out there, but I’m looking for some reviewers to give my book a read. I’m also looking to do some guest posts on other blogs, so if you have any recommendations I would gladly take them.
I’ve started working on the novella for Armageddon Angels that will be coming out after the first of the year. The story takes place between Apocalypse Rising and Apocalypse in the Balance and I have been making some great progress on it. I was actually thinking the rough draft could be finished by the end of October, but I think I’m going to take a break at the end of September so that I can focus my energies on preparing for NaNoWriMo in November. I really want to nail it this year and I want to be better prepared than I have ever been before. I have a rough idea what I’m going to be writing, but I need to flesh out the details and I am going to actually do a full and proper outline this time.
Last week I got a special treat. My father called me in the middle of the day and told me that he was enjoying the book and that the writing was much better than the first one. Now this may seem like a minor thing, but the fact that he took the time to call me out of the blue like that just to tell me he thought my writing was better meant all the world to me. I like to write, and if I never heard a word from anyone about what they thought I would still be doing it, but getting some praise totally makes my day. To get a positive reaction out of the blue from one of the people I love the most in this world puts me on cloud nine. I don’t know if he’ll read this, but if he does I just want to say, “Thank you, dad.”
- Apocalypse Pooh: One of the earliest mash-ups (Bonus: Blue Peanuts) (disinfo.com)
- The Pentagon Has a Zombie Apocalypse Plan. Here’s One for You. (trustedchoice.com)
- Taking NaNoWriMo Into The Rest Of Your Writing Year (kristinnador.wordpress.com)
- I should be writing (fangsandlasers.wordpress.com)
- What Next? (mywriterscramp.com)
- 13 Post-Apocalyptic Stories That Actually Teach Valuable Lessons (musingsofamildmanneredman.com)
- How to Spot the Weakest Part of Your Blog Post (and What to Do About It) (copyblogger.com)
- The Walking Dead Survival Box for the Zombie Apocalypse (hackaday.com)