She turned away from the monitor and looked out the window onto the lunar landscape. The earth hovered on the horizon. The blue of its oceans did not match the photos from humanity’s first trips beyond earth’s atmosphere. Pollution and failed attempts to correct global warming left the planet with a dingy grey-brown tint that persisted after decades. The earth was a dying planet, but it was still better than anything else humanity had stepped foot upon.
A chime rung on Margaret’s screen. She turned and tapped the blinking icon. “Yes?”
“Debra Carter from Lunar Paveway is here,” Cathy said.
“Good. Send her in,” Margaret said. She remained seated at the desk with her hands upon the surface.
- Our Global Water Crisis (forwardthinking.ashford.edu)
- 4 Ways In Which You Can Contribute To Reducing Global Warming (cleantechnica.com)
- Bernie Sanders declares war on global warming with ambitious climate plan (inhabitat.com)
- A Fair, Efficient, and Feasible Climate Agreement (project-syndicate.org)
- The 2016 election is the biggest threat to a lasting, effective Paris Climate Agreement (mashable.com)